Southside Pool is Opening!
The Parks and Recreation Department is very excited to announce that the pool will be open this summer. Please read through the details below:
- The pool will open weekends beginning June 6-7.
- The city anticipates a Tuesday - Sunday schedule for the summer after the initial opening weekend.
- Pool hours will be from 12PM - 7PM with three, two-hour sessions that season pass holders may sign up for:
Session 1 12:00PM - 2:00PM Session 2 2:30PM - 4:30PM Session 3 5:00PM - 7:00PM
- The pool will be sanitized for 30 minutes between each session.
- Each session will be available by reservation limited to 25 residents per session inside the facility. (This includes guests who do not plan on swimming.)
- For the first weekend on June 6 and June 7, families will be limited to 1 session in order to give everyone the opportunity to enjoy the pool.
- Upon opening with a Tuesday-Sunday schedule, please consider limiting your reservations to allow others the opportunity to enjoy the pool.
- These limitations may be adjusted after the initial weekend opening as needed to accommodate the demand of the Southside pool this summer.
- We want our residents to be able to enjoy the pool as much as possible. Consequently, we ask that you limit the number of non-family guests to 4.
- To add a non-family guest to your reservation, you must add each individual to your account.
- You must select each individual who will be present at the pool, this includes guests who do not plan on swimming.
- You must complete the check-out process to secure your reservation. There is no charge and you will receive an email confirmation upon check-out.
- Social distancing will be required while you enjoy the pool. In order to accomplish this, the following measures apply:
- Any kids younger than 15 will be required to have parental/guardian supervision.
- The slide, diving board, showers, and splash pad will be closed.
- There will be limited furniture available.
- There will not be any private parties this summer.
- The grill will be closed.
- There will be one lap lane available for use.
To sign up for sessions, please visit the Parks and Recreations website here. The reservation system will open at 10:00 am on Friday, June 5th
We appreciate your patience as we navigate through these unprecedented times and are so excited to open the Southside pool in a manner that promotes the health and safety of everyone.
Please be advised that by entering the pool area, you acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume any risks you may be exposed to while on site. You shall accept sole responsibility for social distancing and hygiene guidelines.
Lap swimming will begin on Monday, May 11. To enroll in this program, you must be a season pass holder and fill out this waiver and turn it in to the drop box at city hall. Please be aware that it can take up to 48 hours to process your request and have your access card(s) assigned to the off hour program. You will receive a confirmation email that your card is ready.
To participate, you must be of 18 years of age and swim with a "buddy". No one is permitted to swim alone after hours. Lap swimming hours are from 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm and 4:30 am - 4:00 pm. Please remember to practice social distancing."