Clubhouse Rules & Rental Policy
The Clubhouse was built in 2004 and is the central gathering place for City citizens. The Clubhouse is both a facility to serve the community and an asset to be preserved. With this in mind, the City strives to accommodate all Season Pass holders and other citizens while still maintaining the Clubhouse responsibly.
No person or group may use the Clubhouse without making a reservation. Check availability and make reservations here. All Clubhouse and Pavilion reservations must be made online. *As of January 1, 2020 there will be a 3.5% convenience fee for all online payments.*
To rent the Clubhouse, a renter must be a Southside Place citizen over the age of 21 or have a Southside Place citizen sponsor the rental. The sponsoring citizen must be present at the event.
Groups or individuals may rent one or all of the three rooms in the Clubhouse pursuant to the rules and rates outlined below. Please note that parties renting a single room shall only have access to that room. However, restrooms and the kitchen facility shall be available to all renters. In the event that separate groups have rented each of the three rooms, please remember that the kitchen and bathroom facilities must be shared. The maximum capacity for the big room is 160 people. For parties, the presence of one adult per 10 guests under the age of 21 is required.
All parties using the Clubhouse must leave the facility in good order and reasonably clean.
- All trash must be bagged and placed outside the building at the curbside.
- All balloons and other party decorations must be removed from the walls, ceilings, etc.
- All toilets must be flushed, faucets turned off and bathroom lights turned off.
- Floors must be swept.
- The kitchen must be left as it was found. Do not open the dishwasher while it is in operation. If you must open the dishwasher while it is running, you must then restart it in order for the dishwasher to compete its cleaning cycle.
- All chairs and tables shall be restored to their proper closets.
- All lights, including the back patio light, must be turned off.
- All fans and thermostats must be set to the temperature described next to the system.
- To silence a triggered alarm, get the key to open the panel box. Press “Alarm ACK,” “Aud SIL” and “Reset.”
- IMPORTANT: When unloading supplies, equipment and materials for your meeting or event, you MUST use the dolly located in the tables and chairs closet in the clubhouse. This dolly is provided for your use to help protect the clubhouse floors from scratches.
- Located inside the interior closets are 18 round tables, 6 rectangular tables, 140 black chairs. You MUST use the table and chair dollies to transport this furniture from the closets to and from your event area. Set up and restoring the tables and chairs is the responsibility of each renter.
- All lights must be turned off. In both small rooms and the bathrooms, the lights turn on automatically when someone walks through the doors, and will turn off, with a delay, once the person leaves the room.
- During your event, do not turn the A/C below 65 degrees. After your event, please turn the thermostats back up to 84 degrees in the summer and 65 degrees in the winter.
- The exterior and meeting room doors must be locked before you leave the clubhouse. To ensure that the doors are locked properly, please make sure they are flush together and latched.
In consideration of your fellow citizens, please notify the City of any cancellations on a timely basis. There will be a $100 fee assessed for any UNRETURNED or LOST KEYS.
Failure to follow the cleaning rules outlined above shall result in the assessment of fines and loss of deposit. Fines, plus repair costs, shall also be assessed for any damages. The City of Southside Place will determine the amount of any fines. Renters who leave the Clubhouse in disorder and/or fail to pay fines in a timely manner shall forfeit any deposit and “good standing” status and their right to rent the Clubhouse. Members protesting the imposition of fines may appeal directly to the City Manager. A cleaning service is available for a fee of $200 (bathrooms, floor mop, kitchen, etc.). Renters are still responsible for bagging and placing all trash bags outside beyond the fence on the East side of the clubhouse.
Citizens will be asked to complete a rental agreement. Citizens hosting a function they plan to attend sign Agreement A, while citizens sponsoring sign Agreement B. Please return the signed agreement to the Southside Place Town Center.
Key Pick-up and Return is handled during normal business hours at the city administrative offices and the police department during after hours. A key return mail slot is located next to the front doors of Town Center. Failure to return keys will result in a $100 missing key fine, which will be billed to you/your organization. You will also be held accountable for damaged property. Please make checks payable to the City of Southside Place.
Additional Onsite Responsibilities
The City of Southside Place is enforcing “No Parking” on the south side of Garnet Street and on all other sides of the street adjacent to park grounds. Please inform your guests about this parking mandate to avoid ticketing. Food Trucks are an exception to this “No Parking” rule, but Southside Place police suggest any food trucks should park on the clubhouse side of Garnet Street between the clubhouse steps and the street corner by the tennis courts.
If you are using inflatables or other party /carnival attractions, the delivery and setup vehicles are NOT allowed to drive up on the grassy field area. Please ask vendor to use hand trucks and plywood for setup to protect the grassy fields. No exceptions.
In case of emergency, call Southside Place Police Department at 713-668-2341.